The requirement of a Resident Agent is
mainly to have a person in the territory of the United States to whom the US
authorities (in this case the FDA) may notify or contact when the case
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
requires that all exporters, of perishable products located in the United
States, appoint a registered agent to the FDA. This designated agent, must be
reside in the United States or maintain a registered office in the US.
Renewal of the registration with the FDA
Exporters of fresh food products to the United States must renew their registration with the FDA in between October 1st and December 31st of each year.
A statement from PROCOMER said that exporters of perishable products from Costa Rican to the US, must renew their registration with the FDA each year as part of the measures included in the FSMA in order to improve the safety of the food consumed in this country.
Why appoint Guardia & Cubero as your agent with the FDA in the US?
We act as a liaison between your Company and the FDA, responding to questions related to its products and help the FDA and you
to schedule inspections.
We have been acting as an agent with the ability to represent before the FDA since the year 2003.
Our experience in the work and support in
this field guarantees reliability and security in the registration process and
a continuous updating of the data that is required.
We offer an annual fee of US $300.00, initiating the registration of the Company as son ass the payment and information
In order to process the registration with the FDA, it is essential that the interested client provide the following information:
- Full name of the company you want to register and legal document number
- Address of the company
- Number of postal box, telephone number, fax number and company email address
- Name, telephone number and e-mail address of the manager of the company
- Type of activity to which the company is dedicated, if it is a producer, exporter and / or packer.
- The product to be exported, what type of storage it needs, whether it can be at room temperature or it needs to be refrigerated or frozen.
- What kind of product are they going to export, for example: if it is for human consumption, it is coffee or tea, chocolate or chocolate products, cheese, etc.
- Copy of the legal document of the company and copy of the legal status.
GUARDIA & CUBERO S.A.
Cédula Jurídica: 3-101-379559
(COSTA RICA), S.A.
GENERAL (COSTA RICA), S.A.